Shattered Pieces
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shattered Pieces

An AU/Distant Future Naruto RPG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Coming down

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Iwagakure
Okada Maiko
Okada Maiko

Coming down Vide
PostSubject: Coming down   Coming down I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24 2010, 02:16

[By no means does it have to be a mirror post XD]

The sky was gloomy and gray with smoke that hid the moon in the night sky, with a faint highlight of red and orange from a fire. The ground was layered in ash and from underneath the thin layer was movement, then a round of light coughing. A woman pushed through the layer and took in a sharp inhale of air only to cough again. Her eyes were doe-like and half lidded as she looked around, eyebrows furrowed in a confused manner, while her lips parted and stained red with blood. "What happened?" She said in her sad, confused voice.

Maiko stood up and wobbled a bit on her feet, but managed to keep herself standing then she ran her hands through her hair to comb out the knots, not noticing the few wet mats that gathered underneath. Fed up with trying to perfect her hair, she just tied it up in a messy bun, allowing her fringe bang to hang over her eyes. Maiko felt a warmth wave hit her back and the loud cracking and snapping of wood behind her. She turned her head slowly until her eye caught the fiery hell swirling acres behind her, completely unfazed by the wildfire.

"Did I fall asleep out here?" Her mind was hazy and she pressed her delicate fingers against her forehead as if she felt a headache coming on, but her expression became even more confused when she felt something wet on her fingertips. When she pulled her hand back she noticed some dark liquid on her pale skin, and then began to frantically pat herself down for any kinds of wounds she may have sustained. Her left hand ran over her side and felt a tear in her shirt, and she slowly pulled it up and saw that she had some bandages wrapped around her waist. She was unsure how the bandages got there, but memory loss wasn't something that concerned her at this point in her life. "Oh.. dear." she murmured softly and reached into her messenger bag for the bottles of morphine she always carries with her. Sure, she might not always use the pain killer when she's been wounded, but it's not like she could disappoint her parents anymore than she already has. A little drug problem was her only way of escaping.

She examined the bottles and then sighed, "Is.. that why I passed out?" Her body shook slightly and she fell onto her knees then sat back. "I am horrible." Maiko sighed heavily. She began to shuffle through her bag once more, and pulled out a small syringe then filled it with the clear liquid. "I am in pain, I am ... in pain." She had to convince herself so that it would be okay to inject the pain killer. She pressed the needle tip into her arm, hitting the blue vein and then injected herself slowly. When she was done she pulled the needle out quickly and covered the injection site with her hand. Maiko was hurting in a way that she felt no one would ever know, and that she felt she had nothing left to lose. "Hello? Is anyone out here?" Spoke Maiko in a delicate voice that was just loud enough to catch someone's ear. "If.. if you're hurt I.. I am a medic." She lied and scanned the area from her position.
Back to top Go down
Konohagakure
Uchiha Yuiko
Uchiha Yuiko

Coming down Vide
PostSubject: Re: Coming down   Coming down I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24 2010, 03:24

A woman was crouched up on a branch on a tree of medium size, peering over at the fire burning in the distance. The wilderness might be an odd place to be in during the night, especially for a Konoha-nin with a proper home, but Yuiko didn't seem to be able to be in the same place all the time for extended periods of time. She just decided that she was home for too long, so she chose to go out...at night.

"Well, that's a problem," she said to herself, "too bad I don't have water chakra." Yuiko twisted her lips for a second before adding, "but that wouldn't be very Uchiha of me, would it? No..." She lowered her chin to tighten her ponytail, and then noticed someone else nearby...shooting up? It was hard to tell since it was dark, but she recognized the movements. Still, in any case...yes! Company! Yuiko quickly pulled on her hair and hopped down to meet her.

The jounin didn't hear anything the nukenin said until her last question. "Me, me! I'm out here!" Yuiko called out loudly, waving her hand as she skipped over to the stranger. "And I'm not hurt, but it looks like you are." She squatted down so she could be closer to the other woman. "Haha...doing something to take the edge off? I totally used to do that, too! But I got in trouble for it, so yeah..." Yuiko laughed at the situation, though it was one that should definitely be taken more seriously, just like the fire. The thought of telling people to put out the fire might have crossed her mind eventually if not for the second presence.

"Okay, okay, seriously," she continued, though her tone was not any more serious than before, "you need to be...not hurt. Medics need to be healthy to be all medic-y, right? So you have to help yourself before you help others! And nobody else needs help here." Yuiko grinned widely. "Oh, oh, by the way, I'm Yuiko!"
Back to top Go down
Iwagakure
Okada Maiko
Okada Maiko

Coming down Vide
PostSubject: Re: Coming down   Coming down I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25 2010, 01:56

Maiko quickly shoved away her bottles and syrines when she heard someone call out to her, but it was too late, because it seemed the girl had already seen the items. Her fingers fumbled over the bottles nervously, but managed to place the syringe safely in a small, secure pouch within her messenger bag. "Y-yes.. I am." She stammered while looking down to ther side where she had been wounded, her eyes tired and hazy. Maiko turned her head to look at the woman and offered her a weak and rather insecure smile, then stood up and stumbled forwards towards Yuiko to get a better look at her. "It's not bad.. I think." Maiko's eyebrows furrowed with some confusion, since she couldn't even remember how she got injured at all, or how she was bandaged.

Feeling like she was going to be interrogated despite Yuiko saying she had done drugs before, Maiko still was insisting on covering up her arm where the injection site was. Her eyes were glossy and she turned them away from Yuiko nervously, then stepped away from her. "How.. can I help others when I'm so screwed up?" Questioned Maiko. Her body trembled slightly and she then opted to rest on a large rock nearby. "I'm sorry. I normally don't talk like this to strangers." Apologized quietly, Maiko then bowed her head. Her eyes hesitantly looked back to Yuiko and then felt a little more confident thanks to how upbeat the stranger was being. Maiko smiled warmly, and pushed off the rock to stand back up, "I'm Maiko, it's a pleasure to meet you Yuiko-chan!"

The nukenin turned and looked to the wild fire burning behind them and placed a hand close to her mouth to bite down on her index finger, "Did you start that fire?" She mumbled through the knuckle and then rolled her head lazily to the side to look at Yuiko, the effects of the morphine started to kick in now, "..I just woke up out in the field." But despite her amnesia, Maiko was smudged with black soot and smelled of burning wood. Feeling like Yuiko was going to interrogate her, Maiko climbed up the rock and sat on the very top.. which wasn't very high at all, but she felt like the distance would protect her. "You're not here to take me away, are you? Where are you from? Are you after me? Why are you here?"
Back to top Go down
Konohagakure
Uchiha Yuiko
Uchiha Yuiko

Coming down Vide
PostSubject: Re: Coming down   Coming down I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07 2010, 04:03

Yuiko bit her lip, but her face held an expression that couldn't be classified under "worried". In fact, her face was not far away from the original happiness it contained. "Ahhh..." She watched the nukenin wobble over her way, and instinctively held out her hands just in case the stranger fell over. "Things just tend to hurt less if you use that stuff. No matter what." But it also did damage the user in the long run. Yuiko twisted her lips. Wow, was that actually something serious that she said? Mind-blowing.

She laughed despite the fact that it was inappropriate situation to be laughing about. She tended to do that sort of thing even if she was scolded about it before. "I bet you're not. Or if you are, not much!" Obviously Yuiko knew nothing about this person, but she said it anyway. "Eh eh, it's okay. Good to meet you, too!" She sprung from her position and drew herself up to her full height. Yuiko looked down at Maiko after flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Eee, no. I'd never do anything that big. I'd put it out if I could! Can you?" She laughed (inappropriately, again) and peered over at the fire for a second. "Ew, gross. But I guess that make sense if you were doing...stuff...before you fell asleep...or passed out, or something," Yuiko looked off to the side as she rambled vaguely. Then she started to stretch her arms because she was bored of standing so still.

She was stretching to one side when Maiko moved away, and focused her eyes back to the nukenin when she spoke. "Hmm? Why would I take you away?" Yuiko straightened up. "I'm from Konoha. I don't know who you are. I'm here because I felt like it." Simple as that. She might have known who Maiko was, or at least recognized something familiar about her, if only Yuiko actually looked at the Bingo Book. But she didn't do very much reading.
Back to top Go down
Iwagakure
Okada Maiko
Okada Maiko

Coming down Vide
PostSubject: Re: Coming down   Coming down I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15 2011, 03:14

Maiko gave a meek smile and bowed her head deeply, "I apologize for all the questions," she said in her whispery voice. "Not often do I find myself in conversations." She pulled her head back up and tucked her dark hair behind her ear, only to have a few strands fall back to her shoulder. Her smile was warm and kind, but a little timid as if she wasn't sure she was confident in her own smile. "There is money on my head, but I think people have forgotten about me." Maiko admitted innocently and folded her hands in front of her to avoid fidgeting too much, however that did not stop her from shifting her stance.

"Oh.. Konohagakure, is it pretty there?" She blinked with interest, but her eyes were glazed over already. The opiate was already working. "I wish I could visit more places and meet more people. I want to start a family someday." Maiko said softly then turned her head to look at the fiery orange and red blaze behind in the distance. Maiko wasn't fully aware of what her village thought of her, since the incident that forced her to run away was blurred and meshed with so many memories that did not feel like her own. If anything, she would probably be captured and taken to a psych-ward in the hospital, not put to death.

"Yuiko-chan, do you have anyone special to you?" She asked with girlish interest and turned her attention back to the Uchiha. While waiting for an answer she picked her bag up and placed it over her shoulder comfortably, then stepped closer to the other female to get a better look at her. "Do you think I would be able to go to Konoha with you?" Her voice had a hint of desperation in it, "Please, I don't think I can stand being alone."

She looked down to her bag and fumbled with some clasps, but managed to open it and pulled out some small bottles, and held them out to Yuiko, "You can have these," Maiko breathed and then bit down onto her lower lip. "It is really all I can pay with," A dry and airy laugh left her lips. It was always awkward for her to offer people her medical supplies for help.
Back to top Go down
Konohagakure
Uchiha Yuiko
Uchiha Yuiko

Coming down Vide
PostSubject: Re: Coming down   Coming down I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29 2011, 04:34

She flapped her hand at Maiko's apology, brushing it away. "No big deal, no big deal." Yuiko replied as she rocked back and forth on her heels. "Oh. I dunno. I dunno how it works. I don't deal with stuff like that, so it doesn't matter." Except that if she ever encountered one of the marks, shouldn't she at least report a sighting as part of her duty as a ninja? Well, she wasn't really the greatest ninja...and Maiko wasn't originally from her village.

"Yes!" Yuiko exclaimed, clapping her hands together, "really green, lots of trees. Other places are too wet or empty or hot or whatever. But it's perfect in Konoha!" She winked and stuck her tongue out when she finished. Because that was relevant. "Hmm, I guess it sucks if people are looking for you." Since she was just a shinobi with a village affiliation, Yuiko could go wherever she damn well pleased and not worry about being caught or killed. Maybe. But perhaps it didn't matter; she'd probably think the same if she were a nukenin herself.

The Uchiha grinned widely before bursting into a short fit of laughter. "Aww, hell no. I'm too young for that," she answered between laughs. Why be tied down now, anyway? Best to just have fun. She rubbed at her watery eyes before looking down at Maiko. "Um, I dunno. You'd have to hide really well, I think. Yeah. 'Cause if they know you came with me...uh...bad stuff'll happen." She looked up and thought about the potential situation. Of course she didn't even question anything about Maiko wanting to go to Konoha...

When she heard the other woman moving around, she looked down and saw the little bottles. She stared for a while, then took them and tilted them so she could see the liquid move. Did you like...inject these or drink them? "Okay, thanks." She put the bottles in her back pouch. "But what are you even going to do when you get to Konoha? People might recognize you...and stuff..."
Back to top Go down
Iwagakure
Okada Maiko
Okada Maiko

Coming down Vide
PostSubject: Re: Coming down   Coming down I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15 2011, 06:23

Maiko took in a big inhale and kept it tight in her chest while watching Yuiko, "I..I am not a serial killer or anything," she exhaled after she spoke and began to stroke her long hair, "I just wish I could disappear, you know?" Gracefully, Maiko tied her hair up into a messy bun, letting strands fall beside her face, "I could pretend to be your cousin, or something!" Now she was getting excited about this whole thing.

Seeing how free spirited and rather.. reckless Yuiko was, Maiko's tense shoulders slumped and she smiled. "In Konoha I am sure I will blend in with you by my side." After all, she could pass as a relative to Yuiko.. maybe. She was determined to get away from the wilderness and get away from anything that reminded her of her life in her village.

Seeing Yuiko examine the bottles made Maiko instinctively pull out her capped syringe, "You inject that," she explained while showing her the tool, "I am trained in medicine, so I had a large supply of stuff before I left." Maiko reached out and took Yuiko's hand to place the syringe in her palm. "I will show you how to safely use it later." Maiko closed Yuiko's fingers over the tool and let go of her hand after a moment of gently holding it.

Maiko tucked some hair behind her ear and gazed off to the side, "Maybe start over, I don't know." Maiko smiled weakly and raised her hand to show a peace sign with her fingers, "I trust you will keep me safe. You can pawn me off to your cousin or something. An arranged marriage!" She exclaimed. Maybe she was getting a little too ahead of herself, but the thought of not being herself was too exciting to her. "I can change my appearance and everything. I will do whatever it takes."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coming down Vide
PostSubject: Re: Coming down   Coming down I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coming down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shattered Pieces :: Wilderness :: Zamabasa Brook-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com